Thank God PFW (Paris Fashion Week) only happens twice a year cuz if I lived in that town, I'd be wrecked. Nightly. Here are TI's 10 favorite moments from the last week.
1. The Gareth Pugh afterparty that drew all those brilliant new kids like Raihei Tetauira and Jean Paul Genius . I love that Paris fashion keeps clearing space for new forces and their enthusiasm, unlike New York where the short sighted PR houses actually blocks out the presence and the energy of young fashion kids.
2.Seeing Ranya and Rose together in the same space at the same time while popping by the Women Paris offices to PU an extra skateboard for MDC's Stephan. Those two girls were like living sculptures. Stay tuned to models.com for the evidence.
3. The rumor that Helmut Lang Inc is going to relaunch those legendary fragrances. The clothes may have sunk into irrevelancy but that signature Helmut fragrance was likea Chanel No 5 for men.
4. Speaking of perfumes, the launch of the Fantastic Man fragrance was a thing. One walked into a room and spied a male model laying on a long platform . But there were no bottles. Then the model intoned "Smell me. The cologne is on me.". No he was not nude. Alas.
5. Beth Ditto, Beth Ditto, Beth Ditto. She was the greatest star of Fashion Week...from the Fendi after-party to her jaw dropping get-down on the dancefloor of the Stella after-bash. TI is a believer and Katie Grand looks visionary now.
6. Montana. It is a thing.
7. Brandi Quinones at Givenchy. It was kind of moving. That girl has been through too much.
8. Wiliam Graper from our Paris posse in that finale look from Rad Hourani being pulled from the back of the mob at Jeremy Scott by the doorman on the strength of the sparkle and shimmer he provided. Drama!
9. Playing with Dree at Dave's. That girl is going to be a big, big star in a way that spans fashion, Hollywood and nightlife. trust.
10. Twirling with Riccardo Tisci at Maxim's. Twirling is big this season on the directional dancefloors. Do try it at home!